Members Fly to Europe for $150 Dollars
List of ways to limit bandwidth when using a USB Wireless Modem or other data services do not provide unlimited access.
Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:30:04
Example: I am in Ghana, West Africa, the cost to use the MTN Wireless Modem to access the Internet is about one dollar per 50 megs. Watching YouTube.com videos can be expensive.
Tips on how to limit bandwidth use or data use:
- Disconnect the modem and eject from machine, sometimes the modem continues to leak because it is inserted in the UBS slot.
- Use your favorites, do not search for a know page such as CNN in Google.com.
- Enter a Internet café to do large uploads or downloads.
- Make a start page that is a page on your computer, and open it as Home page. I use Front page and have all my favorite links on this page, it is quicker than favorites.
- Do not Google it, go directly to the page.
- Stop running chat
- Turn off the auto check function of email clients, only do manually.
- Log out of twitter.com
- Stop window updates, firefox or other auto-updates.
- Disconnect when not using Internet.
- Clean e-mails on BlackBerry prior to reading online.
- Filter E-mails
- Stop notification e-mails from Twitter, Facebook and other sources.
Major Bandwidth User:
- Yahoo Messenger
- Google Talk
- Looking at photos