Or a good place for Travel Writer to Submit their contact information and
- An attempt to tell all about travel writing and how most is just lies.
Hobo Review of this Book
There are people... Out
there...traveling the world. Telling stories, and having fun. Please help the visitors to
understand where they are and what they do for a living. If you can tell about a travel
writer, or point us to a link about travel writing please do so. If you are a writer, or
"Wannabe" please tell comments also.
Note the majority of travel writing is unpaid and unsolicited and now on
the internet there are tens of thousands of page where people have
written and published to the internet their stories.
Please read all of this, then if you are interested in writing for money
HoboTraveler.com is now offering money for travel tips and some types of
. We are not looking for professional writers, but for
people with real life experience.
TYPE OF TRAVEL WRITERS
INTERNET - NOT PAID
1. Blogs or Web Logs
A. Blogs of only words.
B. Blogs with photos inserted.
2. Internet Travel Newsletters written using Free list server companies like
emails to people and they can subscribe and unsubscribe.
3. Group emails to a large group of friends.
4. Travelogues - Make a page as they are traveling.
5. Return home to make a page of their experience posting their
picture and information.
6. Contributing post to sites like
7. Forums of travel experiences like the
or Frommers.com forum.
1. Paid articles
2. Companies pay to have the magazine publish their articles. An
advertisement disguised as a Travel Article.
1. Anecdotic like Bill Bryson.
1. Normal salary.
2. Salary plus commission for selling advertisements in
3. Salary plus free room given to them by Hotels or Tour
4. Salary paid by guidebook, but then the writer extorts
Hotels into giving bribes or free rooms so he or she will speak
kindly of their company.
1. Person writes a guidebook and has it published.
With the new POD - Print on Demand books a person can do this
for as little as 500 U.S. Dollars.
1. Paid normal salary and either compile other people works,
or they sometime travel a small amount.
2. They have a person travel and write the letter and they
put the letter in their name. Possible for magazines also.
Travelvice.com - I traveled with
Craig in the Caribbean
Iiterarytraveler.com - I
met with him in Delhi, India
BLOGS - HOW TO BLOG?
Copyright Laws of USA
SELLING ARTICLES - HOW TO SELL?
NEWSLETTER LIST SERVERS - FREE
POD - Print on demand sources.
REQUEST FOR TRAVEL WRITERS
POD NEWSLETTERS - Print on Demand
Adventure Travel Writer and Travel Ink - by Peat O'Neil
TRAVEL WRITER ASSOCIATIONS
Travel Web Owners
Please submit information about being a...