Did someone put drugs in your drink?
Drinks need to be opened in front of you to be safe.
Tourist and Travelers are often drugged in foreign countries, there are two major reasons this happens.
1. To rob you.
2. To have sex with the women against their wishes.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Siaya is the closest city to Kogelo, the Homestead of Barack Obama.
This bottle of Orange Fanta was opened in front of me here in Siaya, Kenya. The waitress left the top on the bottle to help me feel safe that the bottle was indeed opened in my presence.
Generally, people are drugged in Bars; the locals first must qualify whether you have enough money to rob you. Therefore, they will make friends with you, belly up the bar with you and then try to determine how much money you have.
Here is a list of simple guidelines to avoid being drugged.
1. Drink directly from bottle or cans, mixed drinks or draft beer makes you an easy mark.
2. If suddenly you have this new friend, if another person has initiated a conversation, they you need to beware. It is better if you start conversations; generally, people who start conversations with you do indeed want something.
3. Women should be careful going into bars alone.
4. Becoming too intoxicated, drunk or slammed and the drug is not needed, this is always a problem.
5. Know how you are going home, it is best to take a taxi when out on the town drinking, walking home is not advisable. If you are feeling tired or weak for any reason, it is time to leave. Leave alone or with a good friend, never leave with a new friend.
The two countries where I know this has happened are the countries of Turkey and Thailand.
Please add other guidelines on how to avoid being drugged.
Please add other countries where this is common.
Andy Graham of HoboTraveler.com in Kenya, Africa