FAQ 1  FAQ 2  FAQ 3


Thailand Visa - Tips

Thu, 8 Jul 2010 00:41:49

Hello Craig ON the Visa or Entry Stamp to Thailand.
30 days is normal, however after the Military Coup they change the number of times you can leave and return per year, this essentially makes you to tours of other countries. Jeroen at Nat Tours is the expert, go to him behind the Khao San Road and check with him, not his wife for all the current details. If you went to the DD Inn and walked through the place, and you can, you get to an alley, turn left and on the right after the New Joe Guesthouse is his tour agency. Cambodia is easy south of Koh Mak - Cambodia charges I think 12 US to enter.

Cambodia at Siem Reap is a torture bus trip, but you can continue on to Vietnam, take a LCC back to Bangkok maybe, or the reverse, take a LCC to Vietnam and come back by land. Malaysia is free, but very far away, but if you go south, go to Koh Tarutao and other Islands. Ranong to Burma is easy, and I like, because more normal cultures and I think 5 dollars to go across to Burma, a.k.a. Myamar, but the locals say Burma. There is a few island there full of Germans, Koh Change is great in quiet way and depends on time of year. Go north to Burma at the top of Thailand OK< ... You need to fingure out your LOOPS, travel in loops, circles, not coming back the same way, then figure out your major loops and smaller loops. Skip, hops and jumps. Get on the page from Wiki of all the LCC and save some bus time:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_low-cost_airlines Andy in Atakpame, Togo West Africa May of 2007

YOU WROTE So it looks like Thailand only granted me a 30-day visa at the airport -- weak sauce.

What border crossings would you suggest to do a visa run at the end of the month?

//craig in bangkok
May 10 @ 13:45 Thank you,
Andy HoboTraveler.com
https://www.hobotraveler.com/blogger.html 2007-05-10

Cookie Policy

We create a cookie when you Log-in. We do not use cookies to track. Terms and Privacy Statement.