You can learn about Sciatica by watching videos.
If you have shooting pains down your leg, you may have Sciatica or Piriformis Sciatica.
Related > MAIN PAGE SCIATICA
> Sciatica Solutions
What it Sciatic Nerve?
- 1/2 to 3/4 inch diameter nerve that runs from spinal column down
- Sciatic nerve cord branches off the spinal cord in your lower back, runs beneath your buttock muscles and continues all the way down your leg
What it Sciatica?
."Sciatica (or sciatic neuritis) is a set of symptoms including pain that may be caused by general compression and/or irritation of one of five nerve roots that give rise to the sciatic nerve, or by compression or irritation of the sciatic nerve itself. The pain is felt in the lower back, buttock, and/or various parts of the leg and foot. In addition to pain, which is sometimes severe, there may be numbness, muscular weakness, pins and needles or tingling and difficulty in moving or controlling the leg. Typically, the symptoms are only felt on one side of the body.
Although sciatica is a relatively common form of low back pain and leg pain, the true meaning of the term is often misunderstood. Sciatica is a set of symptoms rather than a diagnosis for what is irritating the root of the nerve, causing the pain. This point is important, because treatment for sciatica or sciatic symptoms will often be different, depending upon the underlying cause of the symptoms.
The first cited use of the word sciatica was registered in 1450."
What is Piriformis Sciatica?
"Piriformis syndrome is a neuromuscular disorder that occurs when the sciatic nerve is compressed or otherwise irritated by the piriformis muscle causing pain, tingling and numbness in the buttocks and along the path of the sciatic nerve descending down the lower thigh and into the leg. Diagnosis is often difficult due to few validated and standardized diagnostic tests, but one of the most important criteria is to exclude sciatica resulting from compression/irriation of spinal nerve roots.   which may result from anatomical variations in the muscle-nerve relationship, or from overuse or strain."
How to Diagnose Sciatica nerve problems?
Getting your MRI to set up a baseline of your progress.
Sciatica or Piriformis Sciatica Solutions
- Walking with your foot point out like a duck or the opposite of pigeon toed will relieve pressure.
- Walking with proper gait.
- Balancing the size of muscles, making sure they are all in balance by lifting weights.
- Non-surgical spinal decompression
- Non-surgical spinal decompression is a form of computer-controlled, intermittent motorized or hydraulic traction used as treatment for disc herniations, sciatica and low back pain
- Inverted Table - WARNING - I am not sure of this?
- Inflammation - Ice it
Evening primrose oil, 2x 500 mg capsules thrice a day.
Vitamin B12, 100mcg.
Vitamin B complex, 50 mg thrice a day.
Magnesium, 500 mg.
Calcium, 200 mg.
- Shoes - Toenges Jack Clark (Fort Wayne, Indiana Chiropractor.)
- Sleeping without a pillow.
- Losing Weight
Simple explanations to learn whether you have Spinal Column disc problems or maybe you have Piriformis Sciatica.
More complicated ways to diagnose Sciatica problems with MRI and paying large sums of money.