This is a brainstorming page, I am trying to collect all the best ideas on how to buy a vehicle quickly for a USA road trip.
Tue, 6 Mar 2012 01:00:47
I am presently in the Dominican Republic and want to fly to the USA, buy a Van or Motorhome quickly. The faster I buy, the less money I will pay for lodging, when I have the van, I will sleep in it.
It is probably cost effective to rent a car for a day or two until I find a van to buy. One idea is to rent a van, if that is possible, and sleep in the van while I try to buy one, and avoid renting a room.
Note, I checked out the prices to rent a wreck VAN online, it is 79 USD, this is crazy. All in all it appears my best option is to rent a small car with Enterprise for 31 USD per day.
List of ideas of ways of buying a van in the USA.
1. Used car lots, the non buy here, pay here.
2. Used car lots, buy here, pay here.
3. Dealership wholesale auctions
4. Private sale by person
5. Driving around in a neighborhood looking for cars sitting in front of homes for sale by owners.
6. Small for sale by owner papers you buy in conveniences stores, where the owners advertise for free, and the consumer buys.
7. University auctions of surplus vehicles.
10. Newspaper Classifieds
11. Classifieds online
13. Bulletin Boards in Super Markets
14. Used Auto Parts
15. Auto Parts Stores
16. U-haul, try to buy used cargo van.
17. FedEx, or UPS, try to buy used van.
18. Drive around in Industrial areas looking for cargo van parked for sale.