PACKING RULES OF TRAVEL
Why you need to pack quickly?
- So you do not miss the plane or bus when you are hungover.
- So you do no leave or lose things because of disorganized packing.
- You will go to more exotic and more destinations if you do not want to avoid
- Just to avoid the stress of packing.
ESSENTIAL RULES OF A BACKPACK
- A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING: A place for everything and everything in a place.
- DO NOT PACK ONE THING AT A TIME: You should NOT have to pack one piece at a
time, or you should not need to take a shirt and pack, then your pants and pack
it, and then your towel and pack it, you should somehow be
compartmentalized. Note that a backpack is probably the most inefficient and
time consuming thing to pack or way of carrying your personal items.
- YOU WILL CARRY TOO MUCH: I meet travelers daily that bought a small
backpack so they will not carry too much, and then you see them with a plastic
bag in each hand and a front pack. This is because you are traveling and buying
souvenirs and such and why would you not buy things as you travel. Get a bag too
big, and know you are misjudging yourself and being silly.
- WALKERS NEED BACKPACKS - People that walk around cities and look for really
cheap rooms need backpacks. If you go straight to the room by taxi you may not
need a backpack.
- EUROPE AND USA IS WHERE YOU NEED A BACKPACK MOST - Europe and the USA is so
expensive that you cannot afford a taxi and you must walk with a backpack. In
all the under 10 Dollar a day, and 1 dollar taxi countries you never need to
walk and it is advisable not to walk for safety reasons.
HOW TO PACK?
- Roll up clothes
- Do not roll up clothes together. For example do not roll up 2 pairs of
under-shorts together, you will pull out 1 and get 2. Keep separated.
- Pack delicate or fragile in the middle of bag and clothe and durable goods
on the outside.
- Shake the bed covers to make sure nothing is on the bed or caught in the
- Look under the bed.
- Damp clothes on top so you can remove quickly to dry.
- Put really heavy things in carry on when getting getting on a plane as they
do not normally weigh the carry on.
MUST BE EASILY AVAILABLE:
- Toilet Paper
- Toothbrush and shower supplies.
- Flashlights or candles.
- Jacket or sweatshirt.
- Books to read
- Coffee or tea or any addiction.
- Telephone number or any directions
WHY WE USE A BACKPACK? Walking!
- A backpack is just for that to put on your back and walk with your pack. So
a backpack is for walking.