I recommend that any Tourist or Traveler carry at least 2 padlocks.
I would guesstimate that 80 percent of travelers trust the hotel and use the
- Made in either Germany, Switzerland, USA, England, Australia, New Zealand or
any very modern country. Locks made in poor countries are not unique and there
is a repeat of the same key pattern maybe every 10 keys.
Possible types to use... This is difficult and be wary, but the "Yale"
padlock is considered a good design. There is a "Yale" design, and I believe a
"Yale" brand, I am not sure if they are the same and the one or not?
PROBLEMS WITH PADLOCKS:
- The shank is too short to reach both sides of lock prong.
- Combination locks cannot be seen in the dark.
- The diameter of the shank is too think for some locks.
PARTS OF A LOCK
TYPE OR STYLES OF PADLOCKS
- Alignment lock: You align all the number and you
- Combination padlock.
- Bike lock with long shank
- Padlock with short shank.
- Skeleton Key padlocks used in India.
- Combination padlock and keyed padlock in one unit.