Staph infection which is mostly found in crowded places can be prevented by just adapting 8 simple steps.
What is Staph MRSA infection
Staph MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) infection is a generic term used for numerous infections caused by the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus that has become resitant to many antibiotics like penicillin, amoxicillin, oxacillin, methicillin and others due to which this is hard to treat. These bacteria live on our skin, around mouth area, nose and genital region. Most people may carry these bacteria without getting infected but if there is a cut in the skin or a wound or injury this bacteria can enter the skin and the bloodstream and can cause minor to potentially life threatening diseases.
How To Prevent Staph Infection
The staph bacteria are commonly found in the environment and also found living in people’s skin hence it is very important to prevent the occurrence of infection. Good hygiene and cleanliness habits are imperative for preventing staph infection. Some methods of maintaining good sanitation are listed here.
1. Use a good antibacterial soap to bathe and wash hands. The soap will ensure that all bacterial growth on the skin is nipped in the bud.
2. Always dry yourself with a clean dry towel after bathing and washing hands. Wet dirty towels are breeding ground for bacteria and can be the cause of transfer of bacteria to your skin.
3. Always wash hands with soap and water after visiting the washroom, handling vegetables or raw meat or garbage. Staph bacteria are commonly found in these places.
4. Wash towels and bed linen with an antibacterial detergent and hot water or add an antiseptic solution while washing. Hot water ensures all infection causing bacteria on the clothes have been killed. Dry all clothes properly before using them. Bacteria cannot survive in dry conditions.
5. Do not share personal belongings like towels, razor, brushes or combs. Razor cuts are a common cause of staph infections. If you have a razor cut avoid shaving or use disposable razors.
6. Those who have athlete foot can use foot power and can even use antifungal spray on their shoes.
7. Wipe or wash all equipment used while exercising in the gym or swimming with an antiseptic solution. This should be done after each and every use.
8. Wash hands with antibacterial soap and water before eating. If in a public place where soap and water is not available sanitize your hands with antibacterial sanitizer before eating.