Research to maintain brain.and body in optimal shape, so we thrive until age 120. My personal collection of concepts. Andy Lee Graham
Brain and Body Maintenance Program:
I Andy Lee Graham, I am 61 years old, and it has become painfully obvious that my older parents, family, and friends brains are becoming mentally slow. I do not believe we need to accept that our brains, and bodies have to become wasted? This page is a research page full of information I have collected with the goal of keeping the brain and body working until age 120.
> Read also Alternative Medicine Portal
Old Age Test: How old is your body?
Walk down stairs with no hands
Walk in straight line, with toe to heel for 10 feet.
Get down, and up from floor 5-10 times, does not matter your method.
Walk up stairs two steps at a time
Touch hands behind back
Sit on Knees
How to score? Check off the ones you cannot do, and tally.
Cannot do 1, then your body is over age 50
Cannot do 2, then your body is over age 60
Cannot do 3, then your body is over age 70
Cannot do 4 or more, than you are over 80 years old.
What to do? A body that fails to function is not fate, start trying to do the old age test activities until you have stopped being an old person.
Old age optional tests?
Shake head 25 times back and forth fast like a dog shaking off water.
Walk side ways like a basketball player.
Head lift - Lie on bed, and hang head off edge of bed.
Squats, deep knee bends.
Goals: To optimize the foods, vitamins, exercises, and lifestyle whereby the brain and body thrive.
List of people used as reference for this page:
ONLY listen to REAL PEOPLE, no Anonymous Web Information!!!
John Bergman youtube.com/user/johnbchiro
Barbara O'Neill youtube.com/user/mmhealthretreat
Eric Berg youtube.com/user/drericberg123
Dr. Gerhauser MD. youtube.com/user/NaturalFoodsDiet
Dr. Oz youtube.com/user/DoctorOz
Dr. Peter Glidden youtube.com/channel/
Michael Greger, MD youtube.com/user/NutritionFactsOrg
Edward F Group youtube.com
Darren Schmidt youtube.com
Sugar, First, and foremost: GIVE UP SUGAR !
Give up sugar, honey, and other substitutes, lose the taste for sugar.
--- Sugar is destroying the people of planet earth!!!
--- By stopping the addiction to sugar, we lose our never-ending hunger.
1. Weight Gain - Diet
- Calorie Density
2. Sleeping, Beds, Lying Around on Couch
1. Remove Pillow: The pillow elevates your head above your body, and allows the brain to drain blood. By removing the pillow the blood can flow directly to the brain because there is no bending of blood supply. Primitive man did not have pillows, this is an anti-evolutionary development, that is not natural.
2. Elevate your feet: By raising the bed just a few inches, you can force more blood and oxygen into your brain while you sleep.
3. Lying in bed working on computer is a problems.
4. Try to sleep half the time on belly, always sleeping on back put a U shape in your back, causing bad posture.
3. Jump start the brain first thing in the morning.
1. Drink a glass of water: This will ensure that the blood, and body has sufficient supply of water. A dehydrate body has more problems pumping blood.
2. Shake you head 50 seconds in the morning to get the blood flowing.
3. Jump up and down 10-50 times in place.
4. Lie down on floor, and get up 10 times per day.
4. Jump start the immune system.
1. Cough and spit,and spit all day, this removes bacteria. There is supposed to be 3 billion bacteria in your mouth, spitting out a billion would be wise. As the body ages, it's ability to fight off bad sanitation and poor hygiene decreases.
2. Blow you nose, this removes bacteria, please only hold one nostril to perform this correctly.
3. Eat cloves of garlic.
5. Shower and Bathing - Do not use soap, use a Djampe (Eponge, Scrub Net). Chemicals are absorbed into your blood stream, and I, "Andy Lee Graham" believe this causes the majority of prostate, colon, skin cancers.
Articles explaining chemicals are absorbed by skin:
Rinsing and hydrating your body is a shower, not a chemical wash...
The rinsing of the body should be 10 times the amount of time to soap up. Baking soda is good for body, hard on hair, maybe think about bending over to shampoo hair, to keep the soap off of body.
a. Rub skin 10 times on all parts of body to get blood flowing.
b. Dry very good.
c. Brush teeth in shower so to rinse body as much as possible.
d. Baking soda for arm pits, and genitals
e. Cut finger nails and toe nails in shower, this forces you to bend over.
f. Cough and spit, this cleans out excess bacteria, and makes the body have less germs to fight.
g. Blow nose - same as coughing...
e. After shower, get into bath of water to rinse, and hydrate
f. Shake head 50 times, to create blood flow, and naturally dry hair.
g. Massage eyes to get blood flowing.
h. Massage scalp go get blood flowing.
i. Deep knee bends to get blood flowing.
j. Stretch, old age is avoiding using the body.
k. Ear plugs and dip in tub to rinse.
l. Sauna to clean pores of skin.
6. Do these body movements, or lose the ability.
1. Put clothing on while standing, do not use a chair.
2. Bend over to tie shoes standing.
3. Walk once per hour for 5-10 minutes to put away, file, or clean.
4. Squat, or deep knee bends.
5. Walk up stairs 2 steps at a time, never avoid steps.
6. Lie down on floor, and get up.
7. Place feet on chair in front of your, and hyper extend knees.
8. Walk with back straight.
9. Walk the line, like a test of drunks, walk a straight line for balance.
11. Lie on your belly to watch TV.
12. Jump from height of 2 feet, and land.
7. Do not allow chemicals to touch body.
Click here to read a list of cosmetics, chemicals that come into contact with you. : Chemicals Touching Body
1. Very high powered shower, do not lather up, rinse body in shower for 10 times the amount of time you spent lathering up.
2. Rinse for 10 time the length of time you apply soap.
3. Use dishwashers and wash machines, do not put soap on hands.
4. Do not allow chemicals to touch skin when possible.
5. When you apply anything to your body, ask, "Is this going into my blood stream?"
8. Toilets, Spitting, Blowing Nose, Skin excretions
I believe the body wants to spit, cough up phlegm, and sweat.
9. Take Daily after eating: Vitamins, Minerals, etc.
a. Magnesium for brain.
b. Trace mineral drops, need to build cells, supposed to be deficient in foods that have been grown in fields for eyars.
c. One clove of garlic, swallow whole, buy small ones.
d. Cinnamon stick once per week.
e. Ginger mixed with water instead of coffee, beer, or soft drinks.
f. Sesame Seeds with calcium.
10. Chelation --Cleaning blood, and veins of deposits.
If certain foods clog our veins and arteries, then it stands to reason some foods can clean.
1. Tumeric with pepper mixed with pepper or cayenne pepper.
11. Clean or Flush the Bowels, Intestines, and Colon: To induce them to become clean. The body needs to have fast moving systems to keep them running properly. --- Overeat these foods, with plenty of water, the more fiber the more likely you are to use the toilet, plus plenty water.
Eat a whole coconut, the next day you will have diarrhea.
Popcorn is a good way to keep it working..
Beans - Legumes
Sunflower Seeds, Almonds, nuts
Peanuts, complete with shells.
Swallow Un-cooked popcorn
12. Toxicity and Deficiency
13. True Cause of Disease is when the body immune system cannot fight off bad sanitation and personal hygiene.
Before age 50 the bacteria immunize our bodies, so best to live consuming as many bacteria, germs as the body can tolerate. You must decide when to minimize the germs.
--- Hygiene and Sanitation:
Hygiene is your body.
Sanitation is the conditions in which you live.
a. Do not worry about cleaning vegetable too much.
b. Drink the water in each country I visit.
c. Touch as many people as possible, shake hands, touch face, etc.
15. Hourly Maintenance of Body: The body is full of water, blood, and debris, only by making the blood pump, can we speed up the process of water, and oxygen intake. However, we also need to excrete body debris, so hourly movement is essential.
a. We need to walk around 5-10 minutes per hour.
b. Try jumping up and down in one place for 5 minutes.
c. Walking breaks up blood clots. Livestrong.com
d. Massage eyes and massage the eye balls to get blood into the eyes.
15. Body Electrical System
a. The ground is negatively charge, walk around barefoot as much as possible.
b. Drink water that has been stored in sunlight, and has been moving, i.e. river water.
c. Sunlight, as much as possible.
16. Superfoods: The foods, spices, nutrients, vitamins list. One could eat only from this list of foods. Only eat these foods, herbs, spices. Please note that tumeric powder, vitamins, and other spices are processed foods, high concentrations can be harmful.
Rule of thumbs: Dark green vegetables are good, if it is sweet, it is bad. If hot and spicy this is good. If picked right off a tree normally good, legumes are good, and grains are bad. High in carbohydrates are bad.
Beans and Lentils
Black Pepper - Increases stomach acid, and helps digestion
Cayenne Pepper - Mix with Turmeric and drink
Cilantro / coriander
NO - Chocolate DARK - This is not a superfood, it has sugar added.
Garlic - 2-4 cloves daily
Goji Berries - Doctor Mike
Lemons and Limes
Oranges (Do not drink, or eat too many, high sugar.)
Peppers - baby, cayenne, etc. Most types are great.
Sea Salt - high in minerals
Tuna - Almost as good as eggs for protein.
17. Signs of Old Age - Fight them
Physical marks of old age: This is your checklist in the war with aging, we must fight these problems.
Slipping and falling; different than just falling because w tripped.
Butt is smaller than their belly, this can start at age 10.
Bone and joint. Old bones are marked by “thinning and shrinkage.” This results in a loss of height (about two inches by age 80), a stooping posture in many people, and a greater susceptibility to bone and joint diseases such as osteoarthritis and osteoporosis.
Chronic diseases. Most older persons have at least one chronic condition and many have multiple conditions. In 2007-2009, the most frequently occurring conditions among older persons in the United States were uncontrolled hypertension (34%), diagnosed arthritis (50%), and heart disease (32%).
Chronic mucus hyper-secretion (CMH) “defined as coughing and bringing up sputum . . . is a common respiratory symptom in elderly persons.”
Dental problems. Less saliva and less ability for oral hygiene in old age increases the chance of tooth decay and infection.
Digestive system. About 40% of the time, old age is marked by digestive disorders such as difficulty in swallowing, inability to eat enough and to absorb nutrition, constipation and bleeding.
Essential Tremor (ET) is an uncontrollable shaking in a part of the upper body. It is more common in the elderly and symptoms worsen with age.
Eyesight. Diminished eyesight makes it more difficult to read in low lighting and in smaller print. Speed with which an individual reads and the ability to locate objects may also be impaired.
Solution: Massage the eyes many times per day to force blood to circulate. Jumping up and down will jiggle the eyes, and make blood circulate.
Falls. Old age spells risk for injury from falls that might not cause injury to a younger person. Every year, about one-third of those 65 years old and over half of those 80 years old fall. Falls are the leading cause of injury and death for old people.
Solution: Walk the line, and get up, and down from floor 10 times per day.
Solutions: Do Burpees to stop the falls:
Gait change. Some aspects of gait normally change with old age. Gait velocity slows after age 70. Double stance time (i.e., time with both feet on the ground) also increases with age. Because of gait change, old people sometimes appear to be walking on ice.
Solution: Walk with feet one in front of the other, you need to start this practice at an early age, before your gait is destroyed.
Hair usually becomes thinner and grayer.
Hearing. By age 75 and older, 48% of men and 37% of women encounter impairments in hearing. Of the 26.7 million people over age 50 with a hearing impairment, only one in seven uses a hearing aid.
Hearts are less efficient in old age with a resulting loss of stamina. In addition, atherosclerosis can constrict blood flow.
Immune function. Less efficient immune function (Immunosenescence) is a mark of old age.
Solution: To completely stop eating sugar, breads, rise, potatoes will help your body.
Lungs expand less well; thus, they provide less oxygen.
Mobility impairment or loss. “Impairment in mobility affects 14% of those between 65 and 74, but half of those over 85.” Loss of mobility is common old people. This inability to get around has serious “social, psychological, and physical consequences”.
Pain afflicts old people at least 25% of the time, increasing with age up to 80% for those in nursing homes. Most pains are rheumatological or malignant.
Sexuality remains important throughout the lifespan and the sexual expression of ‘typical, healthy older persons is a relatively neglected topic of research’. Sexual attitudes and identity are established in early adulthood and change minimally over the course of a lifetime. There is a growing body of research on people’s sexual behaviours and desires in later life that challenges the ‘asexual’ image of older adults. People aged 75–102 continue to experience sensuality and sexual pleasure. Other known sexual behaviours in older age groups include sexual thoughts, fantasies and erotic dreams, masturbation, oral sex, vaginal and anal intercourse. Sexual drive in both men and women decreases as they age.
Skin loses elasticity, becomes drier, and more lined and wrinkled.
1. Bath in tub of water to hydrate the skin.
2. Take longer showers, with intermittent cold and hot.
3. Rub skin
Sleep trouble holds a chronic prevalence of over 50% in old age and results in daytime sleepiness. In a study of 9,000 persons with a mean age of 74, only 12% reported no sleep complaints. By age 65, deep sleep goes down to about 5%.
Taste buds diminish so that by age 80 taste buds are down to 50% of normal. Food becomes less appealing and nutrition can suffer.
Toenail cutting stops
Urinary incontinence is often found in old age.
Solution: Exercise by doing pelvic raises, and leg raises.
Wrinkles on skin.
1. Rub skin in shower
2. Rub with dejampe
3- Inside job water
4. Water on skin 3-5 times
5. Soak until water logged.
6. Rub skin with 2 towels.
7. Pump weights
Voice. In old age, vocal cords weaken and vibrate more slowly. This results in a weakened, breathy voice that is sometimes called an “old person’s voice.”
Mental marks of old age include the following.
Adaptable describes most people in their old age. In spite the stressfulness of old age, they are described as “agreeable” and “accepting.” However, old age dependence induces feelings of incompetence and worthlessness in a minority.
Caution marks old age. This antipathy toward “risk-taking” stems from the fact that old people have less to gain and more to lose by taking risks than younger people.
Depressed mood. According to Cox, Abramson, Devine, and Hollon (2012), old age is a risk factor for depression caused by prejudice (i.e., “deprejudice”). When people are prejudiced against the elderly and then become old themselves, their anti-elderly prejudice turns inward, causing depression. “People with more negative age stereotypes will likely have higher rates of depression as they get older.” Old age depression results in the over-65 population having the highest suicide rate.
Fear of crime in old age, especially among the frail, sometimes weighs more heavily than concerns about finances or health and restricts what they do. The fear persists in spite of the fact that old people are victims of crime less often than younger people.
Mental disorders afflict about 15% of people aged 60+ according to estimates by the World Health Organization. Another survey taken in 15 countries reported that mental disorders of adults interfered with their daily activities more than physical problems.
Reduced mental and cognitive ability afflicts old age. Memory loss is common in old age due to the decrease in speed of information being encoded, stored, and retrieved. It takes more time to learn new information. Dementia is a general term for memory loss and other intellectual abilities serious enough to interfere with daily life. Its prevalence increases in old age from about 10% at age 65 to about 50% over age 85. Alzheimer's disease accounts for 50 to 80 percent of dementia cases. Demented behavior can include wandering, physical aggression, verbal outbursts, depression, and psychosis.
Set in one’s ways describes a mind set of old age. A study of over 400 distinguished men and women in old age found a “preference for the routine.” Explanations include old age’s toll on the “fluid intelligence” and the “more deeply entrenched” ways of the old.
18. Brain Exercises:
Videos I am collecting on anti aging strategies, please add links to comments. Thank you, Andy Lee Graham.
These are people I trust to talk about arthritis, thanks, Andy Lee Graham of HoboTraveler.com a person who wants to live to be 120.
It is my belief we can design a better bed frame this is my list of problems, and possible solutions. Andy Lee Graham. Please add comments for suggestions
Research to maintain brain.and body in optimal shape, so we thrive until age 120. My personal collection of concepts. Andy Lee Graham
This is where I collect the best videos on how to avoid heart attacks, blood pressure, and other blood related problems, in an effort to live to be 120.
How can we change our homes that are toxic causing COPD, asthma Fungus Respiratory Breathing Problems?
How to keep the brain working? People older than 40 years old are slowly growing senile, the human brain is slowly going to stop working properly.
An invention is taking 2-5 idea and combining into something simple to use, that makes something easy, that was difficult.
Brain Health - Move to Africa.
There is nothing more harmful to the mind, then sugar, it is an addictive substance that needs to be eliminated from your body to live to be 120.
Superfoods Videos Collected By Andy Lee Graham - Brain Health
The is a book called "The First 20 Minutes" by Gretchen Reynolds who explains the first 20 minutes of exercise is valuable.
Triceps Under Arms Bat Wings Exercise Videos Collected By Andy Lee Graham - Brain Health
I would confirm that Turmeric is superfood or spice, this page is devoted to references to prove that statement, that Turmeric is superfood. Videos Wanted
How to keep your brain healthy? Walk out the door, travel to an unknown land, and learn to solve problems, force your brain to work.