It is a site about retiring early or something like that. I just went to look at it, and hell, I may be retired and do not know it.
I was laughing when my mother told me, - Andy, Google.com public relations department called and asked how to contact my retired son. - She said, - He is not retired. - --------------------------------- Bangkok Thailand - Southeast Asia Khao San Road Monday, January 14, 2008 Andy of HoboTraveler.com --- ----------------------------------
Then Google.com contacted me and asked if I was retired and I said, - No. -
Travis is retired, and I think it is possible, he is really retired at age 42, I think he has sufficient funds to live until he die without need to promote, sell a book, live in another country on five dollars per day. It is hard to say, the definition of retirement is blurred. http://anotheryearoff.blogspot.com/
I have fun; I think I am in the business of doing what I like and making money. Hard to say I work, at least I cannot remember the last time I worked unless taking that bus in Mali was work, and it was.
There are many word games in life, and for sure, I do not believe that one person only works four hours per week; in fact, I would say he works about 50. However, not to take the wind out of his sails, he is making a good point with his book the FourHourWorkWeek.com
However, somewhere there is the truth, I suppose and hope when I retire.
1. I do not have to answer the phone. Goal Achieved
2. I do not have to answer emails. Goal Achieved
3. I do not have to wake up in the morning. Goal Achieved
4. I do not have business Appointments. Hmm, nope, I had about five last year, maybe 10.
5. I can live in any country on the planet. Goal Achieved
6. I do not worry about a crash of some sort that destroys residual income. Stock Market. - Google.com NO WAY, I worry and think.
This means, what I mean is this, there is the money in the bank, and then there also the interest. Many people say they live off the interest, but if the interest drops to zero, then how do they live, or there is a depression.
If I had 1,200,000 US dollars in gold in a hole buried in the ground somewhere, I could and would say. I am retired. I am not living off the interest, I have invincible assets.
This last couple of paragraphs is the pivotal point of being retired; there is just no worry in the world that I will every run out of money. The chance that something happened that destroyed my money is remote and far away.
8. There is no human or company that I cannot live without. Goal Achieved, but one company I like to keep happy.
Warning, the world is full of word games, get rich scheme, buy nothing down, etc, blog your way to fortune, all is possible and all is not. I would say walk slow and try to make the phone not ring. Try to only get emails from your friends.
9. I never say to a person, - I am too busy - Goal Achieved
10. I never say to a person. - I have to go work. - Not Achieved, I said it about four times in 2007.
Am I retired, not so important, the important thing today, I cannot remember the last time I woke up and went to work.
I for sure do not want to have my site feel like a get rich quick site, or promise the dream site, however I do hope to make you dream and plan an escape.