Are There World Nomads
Are There World Nomads
Lome, Togo West Africa
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
My answer is no.
Some I would say are so disorganized they are resemble Nomads. They will enter a continent and just follow around anyone or any groups of people that says this is the way to go. They travel until they run out of money and they go home, not really ever leaving one continent or region of his planet. I call them cling ons, a person who follows or clings so they have a path.
Characteristics of a Nomad
1. No Fixed Home
2. No planned destinations
3. Search for food or in today world money.
4. Do not need a house, they carry their hotel on their backs, can more or less stop and sleep where they wish.
5. Live or advantage from the resources available at present location.
6. Does not have pre-knowledge of the destination, must arrange all the living, food, shelter on his or her own without prior preparation.
7. Weather, move in accordance with the weather or seasons.
8. The travel plans change daily.
9. They return to good resource areas.
10. They do not leave on rain days or travel in bad weather.
I would say the pivotal phrase, needed to hear, is probably no fixed home.
The money, get me the money, the money is the problem, how can a traveler be a Nomad unless they have never ending source of money. I suppose I am moving technically more from a Hobo to a Nomad.
I do know a few close to Nomadic world dwellers, or people who go from place to place and establish fixed home for times between six months and two years. I met one in Lome, he more or less travels from Teaching position to Teaching position around the planet.
The greatest travel challenge I could envision would be to grab my passport, leave all the money behind, walk out the door with only the clothes on my back, and try to travel around the planet using no prior friendships or relationships to find help.
I am sure the Nomad conditions above, haphazardly listed is lacking, however, again, I will say, I do not know any Nomadic world Travelers. There are probably a few Nomadic wonderers in some countries, however even in Mongolia with their Ger or the Tuaregs of Niger transform and utilize a tent for a fixed home.
I tend to think their be Hobo more, people who travel from place in search of work. I am 100 percent sure there tramps and bums are very easy to find.Are There World Nomads