1. The words on in the same letter characters as English so I can read the Vietnam words on signs, and should be able to say things or repeat or look for places a lot easier.
2. Girls seem to wear clothes more like Thailand or are more liberated than Cambodia.
3. The building are built on a about a 20 foot or maybe 10 meter separation mode, everything is packed into the place and all building seem to be about 3-4 stories, just about like Phnom Penh, Cambodia but even more busy, but a little cleaner.
4. The colors and painting of building is good.
5. I saw a lot of parks.
6. All the Bars and Restaurants have chairs that look the very noisy and busy street, sort of like Paris, and too busy also for me.
7. The television is dubbed, but the dubbing is extremely weird, like one person saying or telling the listeners what is happening, they will have English shows and I can hear the words, but I have to try to not listen to the narrator in the Vietnamese language.
8. This is not a communist country where they share the wealth, this is an extreme version of free enterprise.
9. On the way into the city a English boy behind me said,
“Look a CD Shop.” I am almost positive that people put this on the list of countries to enter because of all the knockoff or copies of Music CD, and I have already seen 3 or 4 shops full of travelers.
10. Phnom Penh was a lot more friendly in a way, the Lakeside area always was slower and had places for people to sit around and talk here it so far only a bar type scene.
Prediction: This is a two day and out city, nobody will stay more than two day unless they just drink and like to sit on a bar stool, I have notice a lot of bar stools with older people sitting.
11. I have notice a lot of older somethings here, they seem to be looking around lost like and not sure what they are looking at, I have a feeling there are lots of people searching for something here.
GOOD MORNING VIETNAM
Sunday 6:45 pm. July 25, 2004
I guess it is night, but like any good X Generation person I am thinking in terms of TV, Movies, and MTV, so like Robin William said,
“Good Morning Vietnam.”
82 Million People more or less, that makes it more populated than Thailand and Laos and Cambodia are just babies. I can tell you that for sure the number of motorcycles in Vietnam has set a record for traffic for me, I have never seen so much confusion on a highway, although in a clean sort of way, the city is extremely full, but the places still has a semblance of organization.
Map of Vietnam
Cambodia girl washing clothes in lake at Sen Monorom, Cambodia
Boy in market in Sen Monorom, Cambodia
Young Buddhist monks in Snoul, Cambodia. We stopped to pick up and old man and monk on the way to Sen Monorom