1. Immersion. To be in a place where
there is absolutely no, non LANGUAGE speakers.
2. Pain: You have to go to place where you feel inadequate, and you do not understand.
3. Confusion principal: Read paper, market, search for things, write letters,
4. Interaction principal: You must have a reason to talk. The best way is to teach your native language.
5. Subjected to principal: If you are subjected to a sign, or newspaper you will learn.
6. Rote memory: Write out word 20 time, saying, speaking, listening
7. Emotions principal: The more emotions involved in learning a word, the more likely we will learn.
8. Associations principal: The more associations we have with the word the better. The more memories.
9. Memories: Write down all word, and where you learn.
10. Write down principal: Write down every word you learn, where, when, so you have an association.
11. Subtitles principal: Watch a lot of TV with sub-titles. Read as you watch.
12. Girlfriend, Boyfriend. Love will definitely make you learn
13. Communication in writing: Write emails to friends in language.
14. Write book: Pretend you are writing a book to teach a person how to learn LANGUAGE, when you are done the book will have so many ways you learn, that you will have taught yourself.
15. Carry principal: Carry a pen, paper, and dictionary at all times.
16. Avoid: Any place where everyone goes to learn LANGUAGE. i.e. Antigua Guatemala. Too much English.
17. Grouping principal: Group word by category. i.e. all word to do with cleaning your clothes.
18. Signs principal: Read all signs, the more time you see them, the more you will learn.
19. Hearing principal: listening to people, helps you learn the sounds, the methods, etc.
20. Grammar Principal: Learn grammar from English speaker, so they can explain.
21. English teacher: Learn grammar to start
22. LANGUAGE only teacher: After you know the grammar, switch to a LANGUAGE teacher.
23. Pay money principal: people that pay a lot of money, feel obligation to learn.
24. Talk Fast principal: Try to talk as fast as possible so you so not translate in your head.
25. Buy principal: To buy something everyday. Makes you interact.
26. Common areas. Sit in the common areas of hotels, or houses. Do not hide in your room.
27. Notes principals: Take all your notes in LANGUAGE.
28. Touch principal: Touch everything, and say the word in LANGUAGE you wish to learn.
29. Translation principal: Translate menus, signs for hotels.
30. Permission principal: Give your friends permission to correct you.
31. Collect problems principal: Make a list of problems, when close to a bilingual person, have them explain. You need to find a person that speaks your language, and the language you wish to learn.
32. Throw away principal: Throw away all books, and materials you have to read in your native language.
33. Corrections principal: Write letter, etc, and than have a person correct them for you. You will see your errors.
34. Errors principals: The more errors you make, the more you will learn. To error is good.
35. Native words: Never use a word from your native language, intermixed with the LANGUAGE you wish to learn.
36. Music: Listen to music in LANGUAGE you wish to learn.
37. Job principal: A job will make you learn quickly
38. Labels: label all your stuff in the LANGUAGE to learn.
39. Talk to yourself principal: Talk to yourself out loud in LANGUAGE to learn.
40. Suffix, Prefix. Study all the ending and beginning
41. Phrase book: use various dictionaries, etc, because you will get bored with one.
42. Boredom principal: Change routine constantly, so you learn new words.
43. Parallel Book. Have LANGUAGE on one side, and English on the other
44. Exchange, where I talk for one hour (LANGUAGE), and the other person talks for one hour (English)
45. Software: Load program into your computer, and choose a different language.
46. Teach: Teach you native language, and you will learn theirs.
47. Card Principal: Put words on cards, and have the translation on the back. Review
48. Opposites: Put all the word together that are opposites. Example: Yes / No White / Black Go / Stop
49. Arguments: Get in discussions where you will argue. The words you learn will be remembered.
50. Collect Principal: Collect in a tablet, or computer all the words you have learn. Call them the word you OWN.
EXERCISES THAT HELP
HOW TO KNOW WHEN YOU ARE FOOLING
YOURSELF, AND YOU REALLY DO NOT CARE TO LEARN.
1. You do not buy a dictionary
2. You do not own a Grammar Book
3. You always find a translator.
4. You are corrected on your pronunciation, and you do not change.
Waterfalls of the world, please submit tours, links, or explain how to visit waterfalls. Tourist and Travelers love Waterfalls.
Related Links > Nature > Volcanoes > Hotsprings
Please explain Waterfalls of the Planet.
Andy a HoboTraveler.com Please read the Travel Journal of Andy of HoboTraveler.com. He has been traveling for over 11 years and visited over 85 countries.