I can't help but think that several of your recent posts might possibly all relate to the Lome travelers rest house you've been speaking of and planning. To me, it's almost like you are starting to outline the essentials and basics for a proper setup. Here's my take.
1. Comparing Danger of USA and Africa; Addressing relative local safety issues.
2. Kpalime Togo; Trip/quest for sound management personnel.
3. Togo Travel Golf or Chess; Local excursions to Kpalime and Atakpame, and associated ground transport costs, time and distances.
4. Togo Africa Wicker Chairs; Furniture for the common areas perhaps?
5. Togo No Nest No Books No Electricity; Generator purchase for a more reliable electricity solution.
6. How Crazy the World has Become; Fear not, travel, come to Togo!
7. Solar Something That Works Works; Off the grid, inexpensive, low energy cooking solution, maybe?
8. I Dream of Safe Drinking Water for Travel; Clean drinking water assurance, obvious but a priority to be sure.
9. Togo Group Generator for Electricity; Generator and fuel cost breakdown and value.
Could be way off here, but interestingly you are also covering most of Maslow's needs towards the bottom of the pyramid.
how much gas does it need per day?
This observation is probably true Eric, although not intentional. I do know I am sitting around dwelling on the major problems of a Hotel or Home here in Lome, and that probably does come out in my post.
The Travelers Nest is my view of everything needed to live in another culture and country.
Ash, I am still trying to figure out the gas use per hour.
I do spend about 2 US per day so far to keep the Generators running, however I do not have it running the whole time.
The Electricity has been off for 2 days from 8 am to 4 pm. I walk around, go eat.
I will try to tell you how long on one liter of mixed gas and oil fuel when I can somehow measure correctly.