Visa to Ghana Embassy in Togo
Your recommendation of a five day cushion for getting a visa is a good tip. It's not really an issue a traveler would want to gloss over, but I can't remember hearing that sort of tip elsewhere. Thanks.
I recently came across this for Cambodian visas called an e-visa. Someone posting over at khmer440.com has apparently had good results and say it's a convenient way to apply online.
"No Visas today, I am already too tired", thats classic.
I'm wondering, do you bother dressing a bit nicer when you go to an embassy, or do you just wear your everyday attire?
Murphy Law applied to Visas, if anything can go wrong, it will and only a bribe will open the door.
I am close to positive you can get a Visa on arrival for Cambodia, just go to the border and cross.
The list of problems with Visa applications.
1. You get angry, that will delay it.
2. The embassy is closed.
3. The Visa application form wants something like a bank statement, a copy showing you have money to live in the country.
4. They tell you to come at 4:00 and the close a 3:00
5. They stall you until you offer money.
6. The person who stamps it, went on vacation or went somewhere for a few days.
7. A travel agency does it for you and you learn it is illegal and they do not return your passport.
8. The person in the Embassy does not read.
9. You have to go home, because the want you to wear long pants.
10. You go to the embassy and realize the application line is three hours long and they close in 2 hours.
11. You have to call in French, to a number, then go to a bank and pay for the application, then set an appointment. However, you do not speak French.
12. The require USA dollars and will not take their own currency.
13. They want correct change and you leave, while you are gone they leave.
14. You believe the person taking the application is crazy.
15. The police guy spends his whole time talking to a girl and requires the girl meet him before she can get a Visa.
All are possible and I know of examples.
I dress nicer, not too nice, try to remember not to bring a cell phone. Too nice and they will try to get a bribe, too bad and they will make you jump through hoops.
Never lose your temper, the kiss of Visa death.
If you are having problems with a person,come back the next day and hope to find another person.