List of Low Cost Carriers
Here is a great link I found for most of the Low Cost Carriers around the world.
If you know more that are not on this list please put in comments, note a LCC or Low Cost Carrier is not just a good airlines that gave you a discount.
This definition is difficult to define, however there is a list of IATA...another acronym that has all the published fares for airlines;
You have two types of Airlines.
1. Listed in the computer of the Travel Agent and sold as a published fare.http://www.iata.org
2. Not Listed in the Travel Agents computer and the only way you can buy is on the internet direct.
I have started a Domain Flyinghobos.com that will hopefully have all of them and easy to click on, no round the barn methods, just a good direct link.http://www.flyinghobos.com
Nat again with another comment: Definition of LCC(low cost carrier).
A NO FRILLS AIRLINES IS AN AIRLINE THAT CAN GIVE THE CHEAPEST POSSIBLE FARES BECAUSE OF THE 10 GOLDEN RULES:
1) NO FREE INFLIGHT SERVICE
2) NO FREQUENT FLYER PROGRAMME
3) MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF SEATS MEANING USUALY 28INCH SEAT PITCH
4) MINIMUM ALLOWED AMOUNT OF CABIN
5) FAST TURN AROUNDS
6) FLYING TO AIRPORTS WITH LOW LANDING FEES
7) NO BOOKING OFFICES ONLY AGENTS AND ONLINE BOOKINGS
8) NO PAYOUTS IF FLIGHT IS CANCELLED NO PAYOUTS FOR DELAYS NO PAYOUTS FOR MISCONNECTIONS.
9) LOW LUGGAGE ALLOWENCE
10)STREAMLINED FLEET MEANING COST SAVINGS ON MAINTANANCE AND PILOTS USUALY SINGLE AISLE A320 OR B737
This is perfect, trying to help separate carriers is a job. Very good information for sure helps me to learn how to choose or find the best Airline Tickets.